At one place, India has been applauded for making improvements in polio registered cases and at on other place, it has been pointed to be one of the countries, which has highest suicide rates among youngsters.
Revelation was made through a study, being conducted by Professor Vikram Patel, who has been working with the Centre for Global Mental Health. He was of the view that India is not alone, and some other Asian countries, which have also come under lime light, are China and Sri Lanka.
Another contrast that has attracted attention is that in Western countries, suicide rate is high among elderly, but in Asian countries it’s quite opposite, as youngsters re ending their lives due to myriad reasons.
"People will use pesticide, which is extremely lethal, as compared to say paracetamol, that might be used in a European country”, said Patel. He further affirmed that there can be number of reasons for which one conducts suicide.
One major reason is that parents in Asian countries have a lot of expectations from their children. Core pressure and stress makes it really difficult for youngsters to live up to the expectations of their parents and they find suicide to be the best option.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez