The growing popularity and trend of having pet has given birth to notorious practice of puppy mills where a large number of puppies are breaded with the aim of earning lucrative revenues. The puppy mill is having an adverse outcome over society as every year, Canadian shelters and human societies are forced to euthanize as many as 250,000 unwanted animals.
Man made market of animals and pets is attracting a large number of people every day. There are many people who show the need or desire of having pet. But, few people actually are able to take up the responsibility of their pets.
The pets which have been abandoned by their owners have no place to go. CEO of the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies, Barbara Cartwright, has launched a campaign to do away with the puppy mills. Barbara Cartwright said, “I think more and more municipalities are going to come on side with this”.
Following the campaign against puppy mills, one shop has voluntarily stopped the working of the shop. It is hoped that in the coming times, many animals would be saved from the clutches of puppy mills.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez