It has been known since long that eating a fish sharpens mind. But until now, there were no evidences, which could prove as to how the particular food could help sharpen the memory.
Recent reports suggest that a team of researchers from the University of Alberta has explained as to how the fish improves memory. It has been suggested that diet rich in DHA components is best suited for a healthy brain.
The DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid, which can be naturally obtained from fish. During the course of their study, the medical researchers divided a group of lab animals into two. One of the groups was subjected to a diet rich in DHA components and the other group was given a regular but healthy diet.
It was discovered that the group which was given diet rich in DHA, exhibited an increase in levels of DHA in memory portion of the brain, hippocampus, by 30%, in comparison to the other group.
Sauve, a researcher in the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, said, "What we discovered is that memory cells in the hippocampus could communicate better with each other and better relay messages when DHA levels in that region of the brain were higher". He asserted that this was the reason behind how fish could help enhance memory.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez