A team of researchers from the Harvard University has found several fragments of a large ancient pottery, which are being dated back to some 20,000 years, according to an up-to-date report.
The findings have been linking the emergence of pottery to the ice age i. e. the oldest times. While, previously it was believed that the pottery took birth following the development of agricultural work. Since, people tended to live in isolation and cooking was must for them.
But, the recent discovery of the pieces of a large bowl from a cave in China has been pointing that the pottery was invented only with the emergence of the ice age, the report says.
Ofer Bar-Yosef, lead researcher, affirms that Chinese hunter-gatherers must have needed pottery to cook due to extreme cold at that time. The reason behind the same might probably have been that cooked food energizes one more than the raw food and the same could have helped them survive for long.
"Now we can explore why there was pottery in that particular time, what were the uses of the vessels, and what role they played in the survival of human beings", Wu Xiaohong, Peking University’s professor of archaeology and museology.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez