As per an analysis being carried out by Concateno, a drug and alcohol screening firm, it has been revealed that million working people in the UK come to work, after taking drugs.
If to tell the exact number then the firm carried out tests on 1.7m UK people in last five years and 50% of them were found to be coming to the office, carrying drugs in their system. Some of the drugs in use were cocaine, heroin, amphetamines and methadone.
Dr. Claire George, who is the director of Concateno's laboratory, was of the view that it is a high time now that the authorities concerned should know about the reality. So, they can take right actions on time.
One of the reasons for such a high number is that there are screening tests in offices, and this allows employees to carry drugs in their systems.
Suggesting one of the ways to overcome the problem, George said, "The introduction of a balanced policy which includes employee assistance programme providing support and education, as well as drug testing, has been proven to reduce the level". There are chances that employees will get alert, after seeing the data and try to improve their habits.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez