It has been found through a recent report that the drug company GlaxoSmithKline is being charged committing a health fraud in the state.
As per the findings, the largest pharmaceutical company in the UK has not only bribed doctors but has put many lives at risk as well. The company located in west London needs to feel guilty of its act in a court.
Also known as Ribena and Lucozade under its own brand, the firm has not committed the crimes today, but many times previously also.
It has been found that it had once prescribed Paxil largely between 1998 and 2003 so as to treat depression in children. And the same happened despite the fact that the medication was not preferable for those under 18 years of age.
Glaxo bribed doctors forcing them to prescribe such medicines that were needless for patients and caused severe side effects. Also, it is being said that it had suggested patients of sexual dysfunction or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or those in need of weight loss to take Wellbutrin that can only treat depression.
The company has agreed to the same and has been fined with three billion dollars (£1.9bn) for the largest fraud in the history.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez