In the past four decades, it is for the very first time when a medicine of tuberculosis has been submitted to the US for approval. The drug has been made by a renowned firm Johnson & Johnson.
The Chairman of Johnson & Johnson, Paul Stoffels was reported saying, "The emergence of multi-drug resistant strains of TB . is posing a significant new treatment challenge in controlling this serious and deadly disease".
It is estimated that every year, about 1.4 million people succumbed to death because of tuberculosis. The current treatment for tuberculosis isn't effective in saving life. The Johnson & Johnson has appealed for approval on the bases of phase II study.
Phase III study would also take place in the coming time. The disease tuberculosis is caused by a lung infection. The disease is said to be world's second highest killer. The medicine being endorsed by the Johnson & Johnson has been tested over 600 patients in the past one and a half year. It is hoped that the US will take immediate action over the appeal of the Johnson & Johnson. The firm Johnson & Johnson is of the view that the medicine can help in saving many lives.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez