A decision has been taken to close down some of the heart surgery units of the children with the aim of improving the services provided to them. However, the decision has not been taken by the families of the Western London in friendly manner.
The families are claiming that the closure of the units would severely affect the treatment of the children. Lack of number of heart surgery units would only lead to confusion and rush, says concerned families.
The authorities were forced to take the decision after the Bristol heart baby scandal. The investigators of the scandal recommended that the heart surgeries of the children should be conducted in limited number of units.
The decision means that babies born with serious heart defects or problems would have to travel a long distance to get the treatment. One of the parent of child with heart defect said, "I am upset beyond belief at the decision to close services at the Royal Brompton. We will carry on fighting".
It has come to light that as a result of the decision about three hospitals providing heart surgeries to the children would be shut down. The decision was announced last night by the authorities.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez