It is not easy to become parents, as it requires a lot of responsibilities, but there is no doubt about the fact that parenthood makes one quite strong. One of the benefits of parenting is that it makes one mentally strong.
A recent research has found another link of mental strength with that of cold. The research being taken out by a group of researchers from the Carnegie Mellon University, US, has found that parents do not suffer from cold to the extent of which the non-parent couples suffer.
The study has also found a place in Psychosomatic Medicine, and is based on the analysis of 795 adults. Factors like sex, race and ethnicity were controlled.
Lead researcher Sheldon Cohen said that mental toughness makes parents to suffer less cold in comparison to couples, who do not have children. Cohen said that they would not like to discuss about immunity level and would restrict their research findings to mental strength.
"For example, being a parent can be stressful but at the same time can be fulfilling, facilitate the development of a social network and provide purpose in life", said Cohen, while explaining the reason of mental strength that parents possess but not non-parents.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez