Job of a fireman is equally dangerous and adventurous as any other tough jobs. With similar beliefs, Fire Service regulations have called upon their staff to get physically fit enabling them to cope with all the dangerous situations that come up their way.
Above recommendations came out after researchers claim in their findings that more than half of the firemen are fat and obese, which restricts them from doing their jobs properly.
Fire workers’ jobs are unusual ones. Sometimes, they have to climb stairs of high-rise buildings, while some other times, they have to carry unconscious victims, even it becomes very regular when they have to pitch heavy ladders and haul bulky equipment. So, it is very important that all the firemen are absolutely fit physically to perform their jobs without any hesitancy from their bodies.
But it seems that the things are not going accordingly as per the guidance as a recent massive study was run by Loughborough University over 735 firemen and showed that 53% firemen are overweight whereas 13% are obese.
In a report on their findings, published in the journal Occupational Medicine, the Loughborough experts said: “Obesity among firefighters can present a hindrance to operational effectiveness”.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez