A recent report has unveiled that health experts in Australia are currently highly concerned about the diminishing rates of women undergoing Pap tests.
Pap tests, as per the findings, are extremely important for the detection of cervical cancer. And though, the same are being carried out since almost 50 years, a large count of women is still found to be unaware of the fact.
While the nation is at present having the second lowest number of women with the disease. It is being said that 200 deaths caused by the same every year is a thing of huge disquiet. Also, the reason found behind the same is their failure to go for a Pap test regularly, says the report.
Thus, health chiefs have been insisting that it is a must to know that these tests are not just for diagnosis, but are meant for complete screening. And the HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine is not enough to try preventing cervical cancer.
Rather, the tests that detect any changes related to HPV infection in the cervical cells should only be preferred. Since, a research by Professor Ian Frazer has uncovered that the infection is the only cause of the development of the disease.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez