A recent study by Weight Watchers has found that people who stays at home, cab drivers and politicians share a common physical disorder-obesity. The sedentary jobs have no doubt made the Australian population a victim of obesity. Cab drivers, politicians and stay at home parents do have a sedentary lifestyle which makes them obese.
Another problem have whelmed up. It has been found that with the aim meeting the demand of tough markets, many employers have increased the working hours. However, less attention is being laid over the health of the workers.
The negligence of the employers on the health of works has also contributed in the escalating cases of obesity. While commenting upon the findings, the Managing Director of Weight Watchers, Joseph Saad said, "Employers must take responsibility for how work environments impact the health and wellbeing of staff".
Lack of time is one of the factors which cause hindrance for a person to exercise. Besides, no support is provided at the workplace to motivate people in taking good care of themselves. There is a need to look for the measures that could prove beneficial in getting rid of obesity.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez