An aspirant of Everest climbing was disheartened when she learnt that she has put on weight instead of losing it. Karen Bosman and her camp-mates were on Atkins diet during the Everest campaign.
Although her camp-mates reduced weight with the help of the diet plan, for Karen the results were little different. Instead of losing weight, she end-up in gaining extra pounds. She believes that the diet plan has worked adversely on her by making her body to store extra fat.
She had been dieting for almost a year in which lost weight. But within few months of Atkins diet she again gained weight more than ever. She was reported saying, ".I stopped my training for two weeks and carried on eating my high-protein, high-fat diet but added a small amount of carbs to prepare for the trek. That was when the weight piled on".
Professor Waljit Dhillo from Imperial College London said that a body responds differently because of hormonal and genetic differences. This is the reason why some people lose weight using certain diet plan while others gain weight through the same diet plan. Karen was keen in helping Help for Heroes charity but her overweight body made it impossible for her to do climb Everest.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez