A lot has been said about Alzheimer's disease and one thing, which has been commonly associated with it, is Australia. The country has registered an alarming rate of people suffering from the disease.
Official records have revealed that 260,000 Australians were found to be living with dementia in 2011. The massive number is self explanatory of the poor awareness level of the disease among country people.
Shedding more light on the topic, Ita Buttrose, a publishing legend, and President of Alzheimer's Australia, said that many people are unaware of the disease and have not even heard of the same.
However, there are many others, who are of the view that they have no clue to whom to approach at the time when they will be diagnosed with the condition. Ita's conclusions were based on a survey of 1,225 Australians.
About 10% of survey respondents were unaware of the real meaning of the disease, which gently robs away the memory. There were some others as well, who did not know that dementia is not age gifted, and is a disease.
There are many other miscommunications, which can only be cleared with increased awareness level and better understanding of the disease.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez