In order to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, more than 1,000 women of all ages were found to be taking part in Race For Life 2012. The event was organized on Sunday in Barnstaple, where all were being dressed in pink attires.
The event required women to walk and run for 5km route and be in pink. The event pre-requisites were well absorbed by the participants, as all were in beautiful pink dresses and some took the theme too seriously and were dressed in pink from head to toe.
In fact, there were participants, who have written inspiring messages for their friends and family members. It was not sunny at all places across Britain, and one such place, where the weather conditions took toll on the spirits of the event, was Derby.
The event was postponed due to bad weather, said Katie Browning, who is the event manager for Derby Race for Life. Katie said, "We hope everyone understands why we have had to do it. We are currently working with the council to do our utmost to reschedule this event".
Katie said that they are trying their best to make sure that the new date of the event is announced as soon as possible.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez