The Hubble Space Telescope of NASA has made a surprising new discovery of another moon around the smallest planet Pluto, says a recent report. It is the fifth moon that has been found circling the planet, the team declared the previous day.
The group of scientists from the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory says that the findings would be largely helpful for the New Horizons spacecraft. It would be easy to develop a trajectory, safer and reliable, with the same.
As per the report, Hubble is only especially purposed to observe the dwarf planet along with the space surrounding the planet. Its data would make sure whether or not, the spacecraft to be launched in the space by 2015 has the ability to navigate safely.
It has been found that the shuttle had first discovered a moon named Charon in 1978, followed by Hydra and Nix in 2006. After the same, the P4 moon had been found in the year 2011. And the fifth moon detected recently is a pretty one with some 6 to 15 miles.
“The discovery of so many small moons indirectly tells us that there must be lots of small particles lurking unseen in the Pluto system”, Harold Weaver affirms.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez