On the 11th of July, the World Population Day was celebrated under the theme of reproductive services. It seems like the doctors of the UK have taken the theme quite seriously as they are all keen to raise the funds to carry out world’s first womb transplant.
For quite a long time, the researchers have been working out the ways, by which womb could be transplanted. The concept of womb transplant though sounds bizarre, it does hold grounds. A recipient of womb transplant would not have to be sacred of the risk of losing life.
The transplant could be conducted very easily by the help of experts by transplanting the donor womb into the body of the recipient. The recipient would be provided with drugs or jabs which would allow the body in accepting the donor womb.
A charity has been launched by the doctors of the UK, which would work towards raising an amount of £500,000 so that the transplant could be conducted. A consultant gynaecological surgeon, Richard Smith said, “We are confident… that within two years or so, given enough funding, we can begin helping women in the UK”. It is hoped that the doctors would be able to achieve their goals timely.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez