Recent reports revealed that a woman has been imprisoned after she was held guilty for stealing more than $800,000 from her employers, so as to fulfill her own needs. She stole the amount to gamble.
During her proceedings in Adelaide Magistrates Court, Leanne Michelle Scott, 42, confessed that she had been stealing money for the past seven years from two of her employers. However, the court has declared that the woman will be imprisoned for at least two years.
While Ms. Scott was entering the court, she said, “I knew I would be jailed but wanted to use her case to highlight the wider impact of problem gambling”.
At the same time, she highlighted that she wishes to ask the hotel staff that why she was not approached even once, when she lost everything. Why they never inquired her whether she was in a problem or not?
She asserted that until she fell into the habit of gambling, she never had to face any problems or at least was never held for any illegal activities. She affirmed that she was not trying to defend herself, neither was she trying to gain sympathy, but she tried to address everyone that what had happened with her, could happen with anyone.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez