Recent reports suggest that Ms. Melinda Gates has declared to fund $560m (£375m) from her charitable foundation to a campaign to promote the idea of contraception across the developing countries.
Ms. Gates, the richest woman in the world, said, “The gift, part of a $4.3bn effort led by the British Government, would "give a voice" to 120 million women who have little or no access to family planning”.
She emphasized that the deed will help save several thousand lives lost each year due to unwanted pregnancies, be that of mothers or children.
In her statement, she affirmed that at this age of 47, she wishes to spend rest of her life in spreading awareness regarding birth control methods, so that each year the lives of women and their children could be saved.
It has been reported that Ms. Gates was in London for a week when she announced to fund the campaign. In a gathering at Westminster, where even David Cameron was present, it was highlighted that Melinda Gates is the finest humanitarian of this time.
Ms. Gates, who has been married to Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, has promised that she will be lending 90% of her net worth of her remaining life to the cause.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez