No wonder in this advanced world of technology, at times even technology can be behind several disasters and why not everything has a dark side to it.
Somewhat similar is the case of these two vaccines, which were designed actually to treat an acute respiratory disease, diagnosed in chickens, but instead, it has been discovered that the combined effects of both the vaccines have worsened the case and led to the initiation of a new infectious viral disease.
It has been recovered that these vaccines were produced to control infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT). ILT has been stated to be a terrible infectious disease, which can lead to an increase in death rates by 20% and thus having a pronounced effect on economic conditions of poultry sector.
Researchers from the University of Melbourne said, "We discovered when two different ILT vaccine strains were used in the same populations, they combined into two new strains (a process known as recombination), resulting in disease outbreaks".
However, the researchers have assured that these new strains or even ILT have no effect on health of humans or animals, as they cannot be spread to them. Moreover, it has been affirmed that they have no effect even on food products.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez