Though a lot many studies have been done in regard to effect of television watching among children, a recent study being taken out by a group of researchers from the University of Montreal claims that their study is one of a kind.
The study researchers are of the view that if children watch television for long time then there are increased chances that they will accumulate fat around their mid waist. Lead author Caroline Fitzpatrick said that in order to breach at the above given conclusion; they have assessed more than 1,300 children.
All the children, who were being enrolled for the study, were aged between 2 and 4. Questions were also asked from their parents in regard to television watching habit of their children. It was revealed that a child of two years old watched television for more than a week.
A child of four years watched television for more than 15 hours a week, which is almost double the amount that children of two years watched. However, it should be noted that the viewing of television will keep on increasing with age and it will affect them at the age of 10 or so.
"If your child watches two hours of TV, maybe they should offset that with two hours of physical activity", affirmed Fitzpatrick.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez