Last month Swan Hill's councilors wrote to federal Mental Health Minister Mark Butler, to suggest Swan Hill as a suitable site for development of Headspace Centre, which will be funded by government.
In his recent statement, Mr. Butler stated that locations for the left over 35 Headspace Centres will be chosen keeping into mind rates of suicides committed by youth and also drug abuse rates, those of the areas, which will have the maximum rates, will be chosen.
However, in his statement, Mr. Butler didn't mention about the councilors and their proposal regarding Swan Hill.
Minister for Mental Health and Ageing asserted that he believes that the new Headspace Centre to be established in Newcastle will help majority of young lives, who are drastically affected by depression, drug abuse or other mental health ailments.
It has been reported that recently 20 young people were invited to have a meeting with Mr. Butler at Loft in Newcastle. They were further asked to present their point of view regarding mental health problems affecting life of a youth.
Moreover, Mr. Butler said, "The Federally-funded Headspace Centre opens in January 2013 and he is confident it will offer support services that are relevant to local needs".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez