Concerning the terrible increase in the number of influenza cases in the region, doctors in Victoria have started suggesting people to get flu jab and avoid worst influenza outbreak in three years.
The hospital data has confirmed that almost 1,600 people have been affected with the influenza cases in the year till now, which is the highest level of such cases in three years. On comparison with the previous year’s figures, it was reported that last year saw 756 confirmed cases of the influenza whereas the same period had only 252 cases reported in the year 2010.
Thankfully the figures from the Department of Health Victoria are still lesser than the figures of 2009 swine flu outbreak, which touched 5833 cases.
But still the health authorities are concerned with the situation as the prevalence of H3N2 influenza strain has put that additional pressure and a tough situation on the state's emergency departments because they fear that both the HSN2 and type B flu virus strains could trigger the cases in the region and make the season deadliest for vulnerable people. .
The Australian Medical Association has already started suggesting people to get the flu jab and protect themselves from the influenza at the earliest possible.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez