Recent reports suggest that food ministers will be meeting to discuss the issue of labeling of food products, which in turn mislead the customers. Health experts have alarmed that the ministers might impose stricter regulations on these misleading labels.
It has been exclaimed that the problem of obesity is increasing in Australia. It seems the population is following US trends and thus the day won't be far, when they will be standing on the same levels with US on obesity epidemic raised figures.
Rather, at present, 60% of the young adults in Australia can be categorized under obese people. Nevertheless, one in three children in the country is affected by the epidemic.
The government has been trying out different ways to include in the education system, so that people can amend their dietary habits and also trends of life, which are leading them to the path of obesity.
The government said, "It is currently working on a mandatory front-of-pack labeling scheme for packaged foods, and has tightened restrictions on claims such as `low fat,' `high fiber' and `light'".
However, food ministers have subjected that relaxations should be given in the proposed rules, as the nutritional claims made are yet to be verified.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez