In order to raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care, the staff of Mecca Bingo along with other 96 clubs in the UK, raised £500,000. A lot of different activities were involved like body waxing; head shaves and tea get together, to raise funds.
Paul Martin, who is the general manger of Mecca Luton Skimpot Road said, “I’ve been so impressed with the drive and enthusiasm the team members have shown when it comes to organizing fundraising events at the club”.
He also thanked the club customers, and was of the view that they would not have been able to raise funds, if their customers would not have supported.
It is not the first time when Bingo has raised money for the charity, as for last three years it has been doing with organizations, like Grosvenor Casino and Blue Square.
Christine Brown, who is the fundraiser for the Marie Curie Cancer Care Community was quite happy with the efforts of the Mecca team members and other volunteers and also applauded their efforts.
He further affirmed that the raised amount will help them to provide quality services to terminally ill people. More people will get an opportunity to stay comfortably at their homes, in their last days.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez