An inquest conducted in Scotland by the Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH) has found the highest number of suicidal cases occurring in the nation, as per a recent report.
The team of investigators tried and found that while mostly the cases are treatable at initial stage, negligence or wrong strategy used leads them to go for such a coward act. It has been found that asking for help during depressed thoughts; such people get negative or no response from outside.
They either end up in a police cell or commit suicide in helplessness leaving behind their families, the report says. Another main reason behind such scenario is inadequate treatment.
Though, sometimes, such people do not require a mental health service, they are often put in a psychiatric ward. Since, it is believed that these services are the best cure to assess their problems. However, as per the team, a good counseling may sometimes be all what they need.
But, Choose Life, a suicide prevention strategy that has been started in the country is found to be progressing in reducing the suicidal counts. The National Programme for Suicide Prevention is also spreading awareness, raising hopes to see least cases down the road.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez