A group of researchers from the University of Newcastle realized that men do not have capacity to sit and have discussions on how to lose weight. This is the reason that they initiated SHED-IT Program, which motivates men to lose weight through non face to face methods.
Some of the things being used during the programme were internet, DVD, and printed materials. The first step of the program has registered success and Hunter men being enrolled for the programme have been able to lose 438 kilograms.
In order to further strengthen the programme, the study researchers have been thinking to enroll 200 men, so, that they could conduct second round with them. Chief investigator Professor Philip Morgan was quite happy to know the details of the programme.
"Men reduced their waist size, body fat mass and blood pressure and increased their daily activity levels. The men also reported improvements in their sexual functions", said Morgan.
It got further revealed that about 85% were happy with the ways being given in program to lose weight. Experts said that it is very important to understand that obesity is not a single problem, but a concoction of a lot many. Some of the problems are diabetes, high blood pressure and cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez