It has been reported that a new and magical pill has been developed which holds potential of curing brain diseases like Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's. The pill has already been tested over animals. The drug was helpful in treating the brain diseases in animals.
The drug is unique as it targets the extra production of molecules in the brain which trigger the diseases. The molecules thus produced in the patients are blocked by the drug. The drug was first introduced in mice. They were injected with drug thrice in a week.
After few months, the extra production of molecules in brain was back to normal. Thus, the mice were cured of the disease. Prof. Mark Wainright from Northwestern University said, "If you took a drug like this early . you could possibly prevent the long-term complications of that injury, including the risk of seizures, cognitive impairment, and, perhaps, mental health issues".
It is hoped that the pill would soon become available for clinical use. At present, there are two drugs called MW151 and MW189 which are available to the patients affected with Alzheimer's and other brain diseases. The findings have been published in the Journal of Neuroscience.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez