A big relief for those, who have been spending major part of their day while working on desk, as it has been found that desk workers burn equivalent calories as hunter-gatherers.
The research being carried by a group of researchers from the Hunter College, New York, has found that hunter gatherers living in Africa burns calorie equivalent to those, who do sitting job. Anthropologist Herman Pontzer was of the view that if one spends more energy at one work then he would be using less energy at other.
This phenomenon goes as it is for everyone, so there is equivalent amount of energy that gets utilized. “This study shows that you can have a very different lifestyle, but [energy use] all adds up to the same level no matter what”, said anthropologist Pontzer.
In order to reach at above given conclusion, the study researchers assessed people from Hadza tribes. These are the people, who have been living in Tanzania and trek distant miles for hunt. When their calorie burn was being compared with those sitting in America and Europe and doing desk jobs, no difference was being noticed.
Experts said that people, who would come across the study findings, would not be able to trust them so easily.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez