Yes, it is true that sharks may be having the healthiest teeth in the world. The reason behind this statement is that their teeth contain 100% fluoride, which helps sharks to maintain dental hygiene.
Recently, a study was being taken out in which it was also revealed that sharks also keeps on changing teeth with time. They do not have to depend on the same dental set, like humans. Co-author of the study Matthias Epple was of the view that this may be the reason that sharks are able to hold their prey so strong.
Where at one place humans have to take the help of additional fluoride, sharks have been gifted with the same. “As they live in water and as they change their teeth regularly, dental protection should not be a problem for sharks”, said Epple, who is a professor at the University of Duisburg-Essen.
In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers said that they used tools like electron micrographs. This and other equipments were used to assess the teeth of two different sharks. The two types of sharks that were involved in the research were the tiger shark and the shortfin mako.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez