Breastfeeding is good for mothers and infants. Infants get essential nutrition from their mother's milk. In fact, mother's milk helps in boosting the immune system of the babies. Besides, for mothers, breastfeeding is a healthy exercise that helps in reducing weight.
In New York City, a large number of hospitals would be seen encouraging the young mums to breastfed their infants. The officials of New York City have launched a program called "Latch On NYC".
During the program, women would be informed about the benefits of breastfeeding their babies. The health authorities have informed that breast milk is easy to digest for the babies. Besides, it also provides essential antibiotics to infants.
However, critics are asking the government not to interfere in the decision making of the mothers. They are of the view that mothers should not be emphasized to breastfeed their infants.
According to the American Pediatric Association, infants should be breastfed for at least six months. Parents always choose the best for their kids. Therefore, women are being encouraged to breastfeed their infants for at least six months.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez