A robotic spacecraft dubbed the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera was sent recently on the moon for clicking pictures of flags plotted at the site as part of a 3-D mapping mission, a recent report has unveiled. And it has discovered astonishingly that the flags are still at their respective places.
It has been told by the team that all the flags with different-coloured stripes on them are at the same places since long past years. However, only one has not been located by the missionary spacecraft. All the flags were planted in the previous 43 years.
Based on the shadows of the flags, it has been declared that none of these fixed during Apollo missions is lost except for one. Though, their colours that is white, red or blue was not to be seen anywhere on them.
The team has revealed a bizarre fact that all flags were being exposed to the moon’s full fury for past period of 40 years. Also, these were made to face exposure to and 100° C heat along with 14 days of numbing-cold as well as
150° C darkness and searing sunlight for 14 days.
“Personally, I was a bit surprised that the flags survived the harsh ultraviolet light and temperatures of the lunar surface, but they did”, said Mark Robinson from Arizona State University.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez