Stem cell therapy has brought significant changes in medical science. Now, researchers are conducting several studies to gauge as to how they can improve the treatment of cancer. At present, researchers conducted studies over mainly three cancers.
Cancers in which tumor plays significant role are under study. Chemotherapy is induced to cancer patients to kill the growth of cancer cells. However, there are certain cancer cells, which are hard to target through chemotherapy.
Researchers are of the view that stem cell therapy can help in killing such cancer cells. Luis F. Parada from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center said, “Everything has a soft underbelly once you understand it well… With all the modern molecular techniques and modern approaches we have, we should be able to find their soft underbelly”.
In the journal Nature and Science, three papers have been published which showed that stem cell therapy has the potential of curing life-threatening diseases like heart stroke. It is hoped that the recent studies would help researchers in better understanding cancer and its nature of treatment.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez