It has been suggested that people should step ahead and take the charge of care when it comes to treatment of their elderly. Lord Darzi, a health policy expert was of the view that rather than trusting on the NHS, people should ensure that their elderly are getting appropriate care.
He further affirmed that relying on the NHS completely is not good idea and it is the time when things should be done by families. Darzi said that he also believes that the state should give more funds to the families, which have quite old people.
The first Global Health Policy Summit has also taken place at the London and there also, Darzi has said that the right time has come when family members should take riddles in their hands for the care of their elderly.
Darzi comments came some weeks after the announcement of Health Secretary Andrew Lansley, who was of the view that families have to contribute when it comes to sharing the health expenditure of elderly.
“We should demand greater personal and family responsibility for health and for care. And as we do, we must find better ways to support carers”, said Lord Darzi at the Summit.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez