A research has taken place by a group if Swedish researchers who have found a solution to blood clotting. The study researchers were of the view that stent is the common measure to open heart blockage. However, the stent might also stop working after a while and it will again need to be replaced.
The research being led by Professor Ian Megson has said that they have found the solution in car exhaust fume chemicals, known as carbon monoxide and nitric oxide. Small doses of the chemicals will prevent blood clotting.
Ian said that if the stent is dipped in solution of both the chemicals and then placed at the affected side then it will not give any kind of problem. He further affirmed that they had to modify certain things about nitric oxide, as the chemical disappears after some time. However, the improved the coating structure, so that the chemical is released gradually and gives the desired benefit.
It shall, however, also be noted that very small quantities are being released in the body to have the desired effect. “It is at a very early stage in development but has huge potential. There are a lot of heart patients out there who could benefit from this”, said Ian.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez