It has been found that in some families, women tend to live longer than men or to put it in simple words, men die earlier as compared to women. Researchers and scientists are of the view that by decoding the DNA of women, the mystery behind men dying earlier could be resolved.
Researchers would be carefully studying the mutations in mitochondrial DNA in women to solve the mystery. It has come to light that in the UK, there are about 6 women above the age of 85 and just four men.
Females in other species as well tend to outlive males. Experts from the Universities of Monash and Lancaster would be studying the mutation in the females of about 13 different species. Mitochondrial is found in almost all the specie. It plays significant role in converting the energy from consumed food.
Dr. Damian Dowling from Monash University said, "Our results therefore suggest that the mitochondrial mutations we have uncovered will generally cause faster male ageing across the animal kingdom". It is hoped that the findings of the researchers would help in better understanding the life cycle.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez