Cyclotron, a cancer treatment machine, has finally been unveiled. The machine is worth of £1 million. In the whole world, just two such machines are available. Cyclotron is first of its kind in Europe. For the construction of the machine, Sir Bobby Robson Foundation provided a funding of £625,000.
Newcastle University researchers are of the view that the machine can bring dramatic change in the way cancer is treated and diagnosed. Professor Herbie Newell said, "This is as much a revolution as X-ray and magnetic resonance scanning has been".
It has been informed that the machine would be used to detect the location of the cancer or tumor and its size. Moreover, the machine would also help doctors in prescribing effective medications to the patients.
It is hoped that the machine would help in saving lives as doctors and cancer specialists will get to know the effectiveness of the drug induced in the cancer patients. Cancer is a deadly disease which takes away the live of millions every year. It is hoped that through the machine, improvement in the life expectancy of cancer patients will be brought.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez