On August 4, women would be given an opportunity to make a world record in breastfeeding. The event would take place at Headquarters Library. The event would be open for women for free of cost from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
During the event, women would be provided with adequate information about the benefits of breast feeding. Non-profit organizations and ‘Big Latch On’ would play vital role in imparting awareness about benefits of breastfeeding to the women, during the event.
The event is being organized to celebrate breast-feeding week. International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Marian Kuczero, was reported as saying, “We try to get the moms to sign into the program while they are pregnant … making sure their questions are answered before their baby comes and contacting them five times in the first month after baby”.
Breast milk is good for children as it is believed to be rich source of nutrition and minerals. It helps in boosting the immune system of the children. However, new mums are not aware about it. Therefore, steps are being taken to encourage mothers to breastfeed their infants for at least six months.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez