It has been reported that a woman as received fatal vision injuries from consuming complimentary beverage at a tourist bar. During initial investigation, it was found that the drink contained methanol, which has affected the vision of the girl.
The drink is believed to be contaminated with methanol. Soon after 35 minutes of consuming the drink, the woman felt breathlessness and had poor vision. She was taken to the emergency department of Christchurch Hospital. She was treated for methanol poisoning. However, her vision continued to deteriorate.
Last year as well as similar case of methanol poisoning was highlighted in which a 25 years old nurse succumbed to brain and kidney damages. It has been informed that consumption of methanol can cause brain damage which could lead to coma and can also cause vision lose.
It is believed that the woman might have consumed the drink from an illegal bar. Doctors treating the woman said, "Most patients complain of anxiety, headache, nausea, vomiting and weakness. Visual symptoms include blurred vision, spots, photophobia and partial to complete visual loss”. Investigation over the case is being held, it is hoped that mysteries behind the case would resolve soon.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez