It is NHS' 64th Birthday and therefore in order to celebrate, Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has launched the national NHS Heroes Scheme. During this scheme, the NHS heroes who are always there to offer a helping hand, a cup of tea, and support and comfort to the sufferers, will be appreciated and recognized by giving an award and a certificate.
These heroes every day move out of their house to make sure that each and every patient around them gets the best possible care. And therefore to boost their confidence and will-power to continue doing the same, this recognizing scheme has been launched.
To make this award possible, public in general, patients and staff have been requested to come forward and nominate the name of a NHS hero who they consider to be the best. This nomination is open to all and anyone can participate into it.
All the nominees referred in between now and mid September will be honored with a certificate, duly signed by David Nicholson, chief executive of the NHS.
As said by Andrew Lansley, "Staff across the NHS in England carry out fantastic work every day - going the extra mile to make a real difference to people's lives. The NHS Heroes scheme is a chance for everyone to formally get recognized".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez