This new study, which has been published in the Journal Pediatrics, has rewind the words, which grandparents used to say when little children used to get cold. The study has found that honey is the best home remedy when it comes to treating cold.
The study has given a new and safer alternative to parents, who often raise concerns about the side effects that can take place due to cough and cold syrups. The study researchers have said that giving a spoonful of honey at the time when child goes to sleep is quite beneficial in treating cold.
In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers enrolled 270 children of Israel origin for the experiment. All were suffering from cold; the total number was divided into two groups.
One group was given honey with a mix of other things, like honey with ginger, eucalyptus honey, plain honey and honey with some citrus thing. The other group, which was recovering from the cold, was given placebo.
It was found that children taking honey in any form were better than those, who took placebo. "Parents rated the honey products higher than the silan date extract for symptomatic relief of their children's nocturnal cough and sleep difficulty", said the study researchers.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez