An investigation has been called into the death case of an infant. It has been reported that the deceased infant, Joseph Thurgood-Gates, became a victim of mismanagement at the time of home birth. His mum opted for home birth even after the opposition of the doctors.
The midwife present at the scene has bene accused of negligence and ignorance. During the investigation, it has been found that the midwife, Fiona Hallinan, caused delay in bringing the baby to the hospital knowing that his breath was falling rapidly.
The mother of Joseph has previously given birth to three children. All the children were delivered through c-section. Knowing the risk involved in the home delivery, she refused to take the advice of the doctors. So in the death case of Joseph, her mother and the midwife are both at fault.
However, the midwife has defended herself saying that she did not caused delay in bringing the baby to the hospital. It has been found that the succumbed to death because of uterine rupture. It has further come to light that the baby was brought to the hospital after six hours of birth. Women are being asked to take decision of home birth after consulting their doctors.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez