The Mayor of Ottawa has been suffering with skin cancer that keeps on returning. Therefore, to beat the cancer for good, Jim Watson has decided to get it treated completely. On Monday, the Mayor celebrated the 50th anniversary of country's independence by raising the Jamaican flag. And on the same day, he twitted of getting his skin cancer treated for good.
The Mayor is suffering with Squamous Cell skin cancer. He has announced that he would be going on leave so that the cancer could be surgically treated. The surgery will take place at Queensway Carleton Hospital.
He also twitted that he will take just one day off for the surgery and would be back to work immediately. The Press Secretary of Jim Watson, Ryan Kennery said that the whole surgery will take just 45 minutes. Five years back, the Mayor was diagnosed with skin cancer.
Although he got it treated, the cancer kept on coming back. At the time of diagnosis, he said that though he has been taking care of his diet, he forgot to take care of his delicate skin. While spending hours and hours in the sun light, he has exposed his skin too much to the sun rays which might have caused the skin cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez