The Perseid meteor shower was the first event, which led Giovanni Schiaparelli, an Italian astronomer, to discover the fact that meteors are nothing, but small fragments of comet, which break always and fall in the form of shower.
The above mentioned activity took place back in 1867 and since then, astronomers, whether professional or amateur, wait for the time when the Perseid meteor shower would take place. It is an annual year, which has been taking place since last 150 years.
Astronomers explained as how the Perseid meteor shower got its name. They were of the view that shower of the meteor generally takes place across the constellation Perseus and from there; the event got its name.
Other important information being shared by experts was that generally, people think that meteor shower takes place for one or maximum two days. However, such is not the case, as the shower starts quite a few days before. It is just that one does not get to know about it, till the time things get at its peak.
“There’s no need for a telescope because optical aid narrows your field of view, and you want to take in as much sky as possible”, said experts.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez