Smoking pays no good to anyone. It is known to every single human being on this earth but despite of this, every year millions and millions of people die because of this habit.
In an initiative to save life on earth, the federal government of America, few times back, launched a campaign against smoking with graphically designed advertisements in which diseased smokers were also shown. There were real Americans discussing the problems they are facing because of smoking. Some were paralyzed, some had to get their lungs removed, and some were experiencing amputations.
This ad campaign has brought such a huge success that the government has now decided to launch another such ad campaign next year as well. There are hopes to successfully motivate more and more Americans to kick off the habit.
According to sources, the advertisements of this campaign were telecasted for 12 weeks in spring and early summer. As a result, around 500,000 people at least tried to quit the habit and out of the group, 50,000 succeeded in kicking it for a long term. As said by Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "The initial results suggest the impact will be even greater than that".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez