A novel way has been detected where doctors, in order to earn extra bucks, used to take sick leave and do job at other hospitals and earn huge amount. The idea seems to be unethical, but it has been followed by a doctor.
Lucy Dawson took sick leave at Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport by saying she is quite sick. During this period, she worked at two hospitals in Worcester and Hereford and earned £7,840.
Things got revealed at the time when her ex-lover's wife caught her. She found that Lucy was boasting about the money, she gas earned on Twitter. A case has been registered against her at Newport Crown Court and she has denied two charges that were levied against her. In her defense, she has told that she was genuinely ill and was fed up of activities that were taking place at A&E unit at the hospital.
A lot of loss was being suffered by the NHS, as they not have to pay compensation to Lucy for falling sick, but they also had to recruit another doctor to fulfill her responsibilities.
Prosecutor Carl Harrison said that Lucy has worked for 10 shifts at both the hospitals and has earned a big amount for the same.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez