In yet another case, failings of hospital staff led to death of a 12-year-old girl. An inquest was informed that a disabled girl, Emma Stones, died almost four hours before Greater Manchester hospital staff attended her.
It has been recovered that the girl was admitted to Tameside General Hospital in February 2011, she was exhibiting symptoms of flu. The girl had cerebral palsy, but she died of blood poisoning.
A coroner highlighted that the girl died due to the negligence of the hospital staff, who failed to provide the girl with proper care.
During the hearing of the case at Stockport Coroner's Court, Stockport coroner John Pollard asserted that the staff did not examine the girl properly. Moreover, they did not carry out the important tests and failed to keep up with her medical history as they were busy.
Her father, Michael Stones, visited the hospital the very next morning after she was admitted, but he informed that his daughter has just died.
Mr. Pollard said, "Her body was ice cold, showing signs of rigor mortis, and she may have been dead for more than four hours. Emma died of septicaemia".
He further added that the girl would have survived if she won't have been given inadequate treatment.
Hospital's medical director has apologized for their failure.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez