It has been reported that the Union of Queensland Nurses would be launching a rally to oppose the closure of TB center. They would also be meeting the Health Minister.
At present, the government is planning to decentralize the center. The TB center would be placed under the governance of new regional health boards. The Health Minister Lawrence Springborg is being urged to undo with the plans of decentralizing the center.
The center has been providing services to many patients. Last year, it provided services to 240 patients. Beth Mohle, Secretary of Queensland Nurses Union said the decentralization will prove costlier to the government.
She said that the decentralization would lead to delayed care of the TB patients. Besides, it would also result into reduced services by the skilled doctors. Beth Mohle was reported saying, "We cannot be complacent, it is a highly spreadable disease," she told reporters in Brisbane. We have to be ever vigilant".
Meanwhile, it has come to light that in the coming times, the nurses of Queensland would have to face delay in the pay as changes have been made in the pay date. In the coming days, the pay to the nurses would be made after one week of stipulated period.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez