An asthma attack could ruin someone's life to such an extent is beyond imagination. Recently, a woman is reported to have nails instead of hair. Her hair follicles which earlier used to produce hair are now producing nails. This is for the first time that such a miserable illness has come into notice.
Shanyna Isom, 28, is a resident of Memphis, US. She suffered from an asthma attack in 2009, for which she was given steroids. These steroids reacted to her, causing a typical skin rash. Due to this, her skin from legs was eaten away and her legs turned `black with bumps'.
Following this, doctors without diagnosing the actual problem gave her medications for a range of skin illnesses varying from eczema to a staph infection.
After fighting for three long years, she was admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Doctors are shocked to see that her hair follicles are producing 12 times more skin cells and nails.
She is unable to sit and ealk on her own. As written by her on facebook, "It has taken all of my hair out and left my body with scars all over it. As time progressed my illness got so bad that it affected my vision and walking abilities".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez