Sometimes boasting becomes a reason of failure. Exactly the same happened with a doctor, who took six months paid sick leave from Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport. In the place of taking rest and taking treatments, she was found to be working at two different hospitals in Worcester and Gloucester, on shift basis.
None exposed Dr. Lucy Dawson, but she herself was the one, who boasted on her Twitter account about the money she has been getting from working at two places. The message was being read by her boss's wife, who later told her husband about the same.
Another twist in Lucy's story was that she was having affair with her boss Dr. Nick Jenkins and that too for 13 years. The affair did not exist anymore and this made her boss to file a complaint against Lucy at the NHS fraud hotline.
A committee has been set and charges have been levied against her. Lucy has told in the court that she agrees that she has worked at two places during her sick leave period, but denied of faking of being sick. Lucy said that she was depressed and ill and this is the reason that she had taken holiday.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez